TC: Events at The Verizon Center

Monday, December 1, 2008

It always seems like I am the one to write about events that Kirsten and I go to and the only ones we go to happen to be at the Verizon Center. We met a new friend (Shuster) that works at Comcast and his job is to "Manage relationships with people." Since he sort of has a relationship with my brother, we have got to know him pretty well. So far he has facilitated us going to two Capitols (hockey) games, a Coldplay Concert, a Wizards (basketball) game, and the Extreme gymnastic that Kirsten wrote about.

I am a huge fan of concerts and when we saw that Coldplay was coming to town we had to get tickets (thank God for creating Shuster's job). So on Halloween we went (as Zach Morris and Kelly Kapowski) to one of the best concerts I have ever been to. Coldplay is like one of those bands that is good on the radio and f***ing amazing live. At one point in the show all four of them ran up into the crowd and played 3 acoustic songs! It made me want to take off all my clothes and run around but instead I just recorded them on my camera which I can't share it with you because it's on my laptop that crashed...again :-( You'll just have to take my word for it when I say, BEST SONG ever played live.



The hockey games could easily become one of my favorite events. I am definitely starting to like it. I wrote on my other blog a few weeks ago about the first game.
A few weeks ago before the Redskins game I met Nicklas Backstrom, Alex Ovechkin, and Mike Green down on the field. I will not lie and say I am a huge hockey fan cause I'm not. I have never been to or even watched a game. So for me, meeting these three was like meeting some regular guys excited for a football game. But after attending the Caps game last night, regular would be the understatement of a lifetime. I am not kidding when I tell you that what these guys do on the ice is nothing short of amazing. I mean I can remember when I was in middle school playing field hockey. It was hard for me to score a goal then...on an inexperienced 13 year old goalie. And last night, the Caps scored three goals. The most exciting came with 5 seconds left. It was an open netter that traveled the entire length of the ice.

The second hockey game was just as good. We got to sit behind the bench and behind some crazy Canadians that wore Davey Crockett coon skin caps...and there were 6 of them! I don't have a picture of them though I so badly wish I did, but if you click on the link you get the idea. 

So I hope that helps catch you all up on the fun times we try and have out here. I can't wait for more visitors to come. We had a blast with Billy and Nikki, and can't wait for our next guests, the Doyles.  Hopefully while they're here we can catch a Tina Turner concert

0 comments

Post a Comment