I hate bees & I hate spiders.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Lately I have had many run-ins with nature's wonderful creatures. Earlier this week I let the dogs out to potty and left the door open for them. I went to check on them but was distracted by the buzzing of a bee that had decided to join me in the kitchen. I dropped everything, threw open the cupboard, and grabbed the fly swatter. I was swinging and dodging and never even came close to swatting the bee. It would have been hilarious to be a fly on the wall. I ended up shooing it out the door...it really got the best of me and woke me up for the rest of the day.

Today I was minding my own business studying on the couch when I looked up and saw a freaky-looking spider on the ceiling. I stared at it for a while and it didn't move I knew I couldn't reach it so I tried to ignore it and concentrate on my homework. After a while I couldn't take it anymore so I constructed the following...

After a few unsuccessful tries I ended up killing the spider and I didn't break my neck, so that's postive because I don't have health insurance.

Later that afternoon I went outside with the pups and I saw this enormous bumblebee struggling on the cement. It was stuck on its back trying to turn over and I screamed and ran. I got to the door and looked back to see Baxter running in with me...where was Jack? Sniffing at the giant bumblebee with the giant stinger. I was like "Jack! Jack!" I had to run back to the disaster and pick him up. I shoved the dogs in the door grabbed a shoe and squashed the bee. Now I am safe, I hope.

1 comment

LuCinda said...

That's my kid, always thinking... Chair on the couch, really Kirsten?

Post a Comment